Friday 8 April 2016

You Should Be Working....

“It’s more important on What You Work rather than Where You Work 

     Before moving to this topic, let’s take a scenario: As this is starting of the month and you will be busy calculating your budget for this month, with Excel. I love using Excel for budget. May be if it is of last year or before, I’ll be saving my Excel in my mail’s drafts folder and I’ll continue to calculate later at my Office. But few months back, no more drafting of the mails, and no more office products. All that I need is my Live account, I could work with spreadsheet in Excel Online which will be auto-saved in my One Drive.
     
     In the above scenario, whether at Home or Office, you may not need of Office Software, but you may need the desktop for that continuous editing, or at least you should open of the spreadsheets by logging in again and again.

     Apple made this, little bit forward, that the apps installed will be aware about your work and it alerts you back, when you switch for the other device., technology used here is called "Handoff Technology" tagged under "Liquid Computing", not a magical one, but surely will be useful. Released with iOS 8 back in the year 2014. 

     Apps that support for Handoff are : Mail, Calendar, Messages, Notes, Remainders, etc.,

Conclusion: Even it's there in iOS, with certain limitations. But, the other giants Microsoft & Google are surely far behind in this area. The reason, MS has "Windows" but their mobile market yet to improve a lot. And the Google is having "Android" but not an fully fledged desktop OS.  

Happy Contd.., :)


     

No comments:

Post a Comment